Thursday, July 06, 2006

Why "Angelix"?



Here's an Artangel postcard I created recently.

Sooner or later someone was bound to ask about the "angelix" part of the blog name. It's simple, really, especially when you apply a touch of literary licence and follow in my wake as I wind my way along the paths of my reasoning. First of all, let's hold onto the idea that athletes do athletics and artistes do artistics. My nick is Artangel, and what do angels do? Angelics, of course! And since everyone and her dog is replacing "cs" with "x" these days, "angelics" becomes "angelix". See?

And talking of angels... If you've read my profile you'll know that "City of Angels" with Nicholas Cage and Meg Ryan is one of my favourite films. Guess what was on TV last night? What a perfect way to end a gorgeous day in which I was able to create art and take a long, long cycle ride through the countryside hereabouts.

No comments: