Friday, July 05, 2013

Signature Image

This is my new signature image. For years I proclaimed that I couldn't draw, especially not figures. Then, late last year I decided that this view of things was entirely contrary to what I actually believe and what I preach when I teach. So, I spent some time on my favourite waste of time, Pinterest, and looked at the kind of figures I thought might be do-able. After a while looking around, I picked up my pencil and started practicing whimsical faces and figures. I was amazed at how easy it was!

The next step came after I signed up for 21 Secrets. One of the classes was about painting whimsical figures. I wasn't sure about the painting aspect at first, because it seemed a lot less controllable than drawing, but I jumped in and tried it, and was delighted with my outcomes.

This painting actually looks a little like me, so I decided to use it as my online image, when I need one.


No comments: