Sunday, July 07, 2013

Cathy Bluteau Class

Earlier this year I signed up for 21 Secrets.

One of the teachers this year  is Cathy Bluteau, who teaches a class that combines collage and doodling. This is one of the collages I created during her class.

The collage and doodle combination is right up my street. After getting a feel for Cathy's easy-to-follow technique, I  incorporated zentangles, doodles and some of the lettering techniques I learned in Joanne Sharpe's online Letter Love 101  class, which I took at the beginning of this year. 

The background colour blocks are Spectrum Noir markers. Lesson learned: don't use them on watercolour paper, as that kind of paper sucks up the ink. I wouldn't mind as much if the Spectrum Noir refills were easily available in Germany, but that's not the case. Next time I'll use Pan Pastels or Caran D'Ache watercolour crayons.

No comments: