Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Journal Notelets

I know... I know... I've been negligent about posting lately. I am doing what I can to remedy that.

I'm signed up for a doodle journal RR, and while I wait for the journal to reach me, decided to practice. Actually, I've been doodling rather a lot lately, and one thing I can tell you about it is that it's addictive. Another thing I can tell you is that it helps produce a lot of arty things in a relaxed way.

I made these journal notelets last night while (half) watching CSI on TV. (It was CSI Miami, which I don't really enjoy. I prefer CSI New York, but I art as I watch that, too, so there'S not much of a difference, really.) All you need to make these are standard shipping tags (any size) and a pack of very basic felt pens.

I use these as journal pages, then I thread yarn or ribbon through and tie them closed. Gosh, for a moment I could almost see myself alongside Klee and Hundertwasser...

2 comments:

shawa_strong_wind said...

Exactly what comes to mind, a fusion of the two, Klee and Hundertwasser! By the way, I started the Doodling Improvisations after reading a book about Hundertwasser, lol!...

Linda D. said...

Ooh, I do love these, so colourful.
The doodle journal will be on its way to you tomorrow as I finally finished my effort last night. Have fun when it arrives - I did!