Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Three Ladies

I picked up several packs of miniature Lindt chocolate bars just before Christmas. The moment I saw the boxes, I knew they were destined for something arty. My grandchildren got the chocolate: most of it, in any case, and grandma kept the boxes. (I'm partial to Lindt chocolate.)

Someone, somewhen, sent me half-a-dozen Mucha images from a diary, and three of them seemed perfect for this project. You can see two of them here; the third is on my worktable. The image in the box with the stars is from one of those free advertising postcards you sometimes find in cinemas and bars.

First I painted the packaging with terracotta acrylic paint and then touched it up with a little copper acrylic. Then I cut the images to size and inserted them into what had become shadow boxes. The boxes are decorated with fibres, ribbons, punched flower petals, and shaped sequins.

The ladies are destined for the Art In A Carton project.

4 comments:

xxxxx said...

These are gorgeous Susan!!!
And you're right, Lindt chocolate is delicious :-)

Gena Lumbroso said...

How resourceful again! Quite stunning!

The Tattered Rose said...

Susan, thanks for visiting my little blog. I had a good look around yours and all your art is just beautiful. I am so-o-o-o envious! Good luck with all your projects. :Trish G.

shawa_strong_wind said...

Would you believe it, "purplemagic" is one of my friends in New Zealand! *grin*
Magic circles, eh?...
I love your art!