Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Three Amulet Pouches

These are the other three of the four amulet pouches I made this week. The pouches themselves are made of felted wool on fleece with gold mesh sewed on top. Each is embellished differently and has a handle of gold cord.

I took the pouches to the art and craft store this morning, to make sure I chose the right cord, and the women who work there were fascinated. I told them a little about the project, and they found it hard to believe (a) that I intend to give the pouches away and (b) that a seemingly "normal" person would think up a project like "Art In A Carton". I didn't tell them that I was anything but normal, of course.

Anyway, if you'd like one of these pouches, all you need to do is sign up for "Art In A Carton". Each of the cartons contains two or three items. It's essentially a three for three swap. Details can be found on the project blog.


http://art-in-a-carton.blogspot.com/2007/12/art-in-carton.html

No comments: