Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Money Cards

Now the Xmas bazaar season is underway, I've been checking out what's on offer and where there might be gaps to fill. I've seen cards of various kinds, though there seemed to be nothing on sale that was much like the cards I (and the other women I know) make. I saw a lot of 3-D (the kind you do with pre-printed sheets of images), some intricate scherenschnitte, and lots of photocards, usually matted on plain, untextured card stock. There was nothing scrapbook style, no bright, patterned, shabby chic, retro, or stamped offerings.

Another thing I didn't see were cards for the money/store card gifts that are so popular with youngsters, so I've focused on making a bunch of those. Here are two examples. Each card has a pocket inside for the loot/card or for a photo or a letter, or whatever.

2 comments:

Gena Lumbroso said...

Excellent idea! How resourceful you are... again and again!

Patti Edmon Artist said...

Really love what you're doing.... there is something about this time of year that brings out the crafty; I say that having made 50 pcs. last week for a bazaar and I had glitter in my eyelashes!