Sunday, February 24, 2008

Home Crafts Fair Finds

Today I visited the local home crafts fair, which takes place twice a year. I love to see what people are offering, and I'm always awed and pleased to see how much creativity finds expression behind closed doors here in the north of Germany. Most of the things on sale are conservative crafts and not really my taste -- though I did see one or two things that I might have bought if I had a garden, which I don't -- but that doesn't make them any less pretty or interesting.

What I did find, though, was a woman who does a lot of sewing. She'd brought along a pile of buttons, but didn't really expect anyone to want them. As you might expect, there were a lot of ordinary buttons, but also a large number of colored and shapes buttons and some large ones. I bought the lot for 10 euros, and both of us were pleased with the bargain.

I also found these little clay faces for 50 cents each. They will be lovely for art dolls. I'm going to try making a mould from them using Fimo, so I can reproduce them using a lighter, air drying (paper) clay.

1 comment:

Summer Gypsy said...

Oh, my!!! What a find! That is a super idea to use one for a mould. Oh, the art dolls you can create!